Dear Families,

I would like to say a heart-felt thank you to all the Moms of my students who continuously provide their child with the love and nurturing to help them thrive in their Grade 3 school year.  Your ongoing support for your child and my teachings is cherished.  Thank you for warmly welcoming me this year, it has meant the world to me!

Résultats de recherche d'images pour « mother's day » 

Image result for prince harry and meghan markle baby
I'm a huge Royals fan and wanted to wish Meghan Markle a very happy mother's day as a new Mom!!

I hope you enjoy your Mother’s Day with your family!!  The card, letters and poems that students wrote to their Moms came from their heart and I know how excited they are to give you this note of appreciation this weekend!  I think you're going to love it too!  Thank you to those Moms who provided a photograph for the card, it made a difference and helped with the outcome of it!  You all look beautiful :-)




I would like to take this time now to also extend a very happy mother's day to my very own Ma!  She is my personal hero whom I strive to be like each and everyday.  She is the most selfless, supportive, and nurturing person I know.  Thank you Ma for volunteering your time and energy for this year's guided meditation sessions at our school!!



The bond between a mother and her child is truly one of a kind!  I admire, respect, and am inspired by all the mothers out there who consistently demonstrate and share their strength, dedication, and unconditional love for their children.  I am fortunate that I have been blessed to have a mother who has been the ultimate role model and who has been there for me always.  Thank you Ma for all that you do, ALL THAT YOU ARE!  I admire and love you!!  Isn't she cute?!



Math:
On Monday, students will be given an "angles assessment" to celebrate all that they've learned in this area of mathematics.  Please go over the review sheet and practice identifying, drawing, and naming the angles we've learned all about (e.g., obtuse, acute, straight, and right angles).

Oral Presentations:
This week's presenters did an outstanding job!  I am very pleased because I noticed that students area using given teacher/peer feedback from the last oral presentations and making necessary adjustments to meet the success criteria to improve their achievements in public speaking!  My hope is that students will take this learning/experience and apply it next year when they have to present speeches.  Everything that I teach, I do to meet the grade 3 expectations, but, I am also preparing the children for the next grade level :) to set them up for success.









Earth Week Activities:
Thank you to ALL the students and their families for supporting our earth week initiatives!  It was remarkable to see how much everyone is concerned and cares for our Earth!  We must always make an effort to be mindful of reducing, reusing, and recycling when ever we can.  We have one planet, it is up to us to care for and protect it now and for the future generations. 

Check us out below helping clean our community!  We enjoyed this process and are always ready to lend a helping hand! 











Tree Planting Ceremony:
A big thank you to Mme Wylie and Mr. Plater and his class for organizing this special event for our school.  We have one of the BEST school yards in Simcoe County and it is even more spectacular because we're planting more and more trees to help our Earth.  Below you will find several photos of everyone eagerly awaiting this beautiful birch tree to be part of our school!!









Sonja, Addy, and Charlotte:
Thank you Addy, Sonja, and Charlotte for representing our class family for choir at Blue Mountain.  Your dedication and commitment is admirable!  "Keep shining YOUR LIGHT!"


Shasta & Allison:
Thank you Allison and Shasta who decided to clean up during a recess break all on their own.  They were able to collect 2 plastic bags full!  You're so kind and thoughtful to think of and do this for our school community.  Stay GREEN girls!





Alex:
Thank you Alex for giving me this beautiful rock with words of inspiration!  You filled my heart with JOY.  I will always keep this treasure on my science 'I Wonder' table for others to explore and learn from your kind gesture :)


Coleton:
Thank you Coleton for sharing your personal journey to health and wellness!  You taught us the TRUE meaning of McHappy Day and we will be forever grateful.  You taught us the importance of giving back to a foundation who helps SO MANY children and their families who need it the most.  You were one of those people and now you're giving back in a meaningful way.  You and your family are AMAZING!!  I am delighted that with the support of the Ronald McDonald House you were able to recover into a healthy and happy boy!!  Your consistent attitude of gratitude is inspiring, Coleton!





Mindfulness:
Enjoy listening and learning from this video about the positive impact that the Ronald McDonald House has had on families.  It's a remarkable place and deserves our care and attention every YEAR with McHappy Day!


Growth Mindset:
"The future is bright and OUR SPIRITS ARE BIG!" - Jeremy

Namaste,
Ms. Gill

Comments

Popular posts from this blog